Wish List

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy birthday, son...

Today is my son's birthday. He is the oldest of four and the only boy. Spoiled? Absolutely! Charming? Very. He was a darling little boy, walking when he was only nine months old - albeit with his hands held high for balance. He also got into lots and lots of mischief, from the time he could crawl until...well, he still does. And he is 39 years old today! Hard to believe that I have a child that age. It seems only a week ago that I was changing his diapers, then hauling him to piano lessons and hockey practice and birthday parties. Then came college, a dream job, and a beautiful wedding in an Oregon vineyard. Life seems to happen at warp speed, but I wouldn't change a thing. When life gives you four of the most beautiful people you could ever know, you can only say a heartfelt thank you for blessings received.

Here is the card I made for his birthday.
The hot air balloon image is cut from the Victorian Romance cartridge. A second layer for the flags on either side of the balloon was not offered, but it's easy enough to trace and hand cut two little red flags.
The original balloon also had a heart cutout on the basket. I decided to use the basket's under-layer as the top layer to hide the heart cut out and help it look a bit more masculine. I embossed this layer with the Herringbone  Cuttlebug folder and simply adhered it on top.  The striped paper at the bottom of the card is simply the back side of the cloud paper, so it coordinates perfectly.

The sentiment is computer generated and popped up on foam tape with three red eyelets below it. I certainly hope my son enjoys this next journey around the son. I'm pretty confident that he will. He seems to enoy his job and his life, in general.






The inside of the card mimicked the front. I used a cloud stamp from Hampton Art, along with the same striped paper and red border.
Thinking ahead to next year, it will be even  harder to believe when I have a son who is 40! Wasn't I 40 just a year or two ago?
Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Awww....sounds like a wonderful son! Happy Birthday to him from Missouri! Great card, Cheryl, and I'm sure that he loved it!

Shanna said...

Love that one! I'm so impressed how you can modify so many of these to fit your own needs. So creative!!! Nice job, mom! It's beautiful!

Zella said...

So beautiful! Love the balloon and the sentiment is so sweet. But the best part is your story - so great to hear about your family and how much you are blessed!