Wish List

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Card for a knitter ...

I bought a new stamp set at Joann's the other day. Okay, that's a half-truth--I bought four new stamp sets at Joann's the other day. And that's my sister's fault. She was with me and was VERY encouraging as I contemplated my purchases. I love that about her!!!!

One of the stamp sets that fell into my basket was the TPC set called Yarn Crafts. I bought this set because I have a daughter who is a terrific knitter. I thought she might like some knitting-themed cards, just for fun. This is my first crack at making a simple card for her. I sent it to her and she loved it, so I plan to make some more for her to have on hand.

I colored the knitting basket image with ProMarkers and cut it out with a Lifestyle Crafts die. I also cut a slightly larger mat in a coordinating color. You can see in the picture that I inked the edges of the image a bit. I added a couple of buttons, tied with embroidery floss, and some seam binding tied across the center of the mat. A bit of faux stitching around the edge of the mat finished the front of the card.

I used the fun stamp "Knit happens" for the inside sentiment. I used my remaining bit of patterned cardstock to finish off the inside.












This is a simple card, but since my daughter has several friends who also knit, I thought she could find a reason to give it to one of them.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Shanna the Knitter said...

I LOVE it and I'm not giving it away!! I'm going to frame it!!! :)