Wish List

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Owly" nurse card...

During the last week of December, my brother-in-law had surgery on his shoulder. He's a very lucky man because his wife (my sister) is a practicing registered nurse and an excellent caretaker. I was thinking about what kind of get well card to make for him and decided on this one:
 
Now, my sister is not at all an "owly" person.  She's actually a cheerful, kind and caring person, and that's what made this card kind of funny. I'm sure she has her moments, as we all do, but I haven't seen her in a bad mood in years, maybe decades.
 
I cut the owl and branch from the Hoot 'n' Holler cartridge. The only addition to the cutout is a pair of googly eyes - girly ones with blue eye shadow!  The nurse's cap was cut from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge.

The sentiment on the front of the card was computer-generated, cut out with a Sizzix die and popped up on a layer of foam tape..
 
The inside of the card was simply decorated with some scored lines at the top and bottom and two bands of ribbon identical to the ribbon used on the front of the card.
I hope you enjoyed my card today. I had a lot of fun making it.
 
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


2 comments:

Patti J said...

Very cute! I think the only time I was in a bad mood was when MY shoulder had to be reconstructed! Awful, awful, awful! Your card is adorable, Cheryl, and will be appreciated! Thanks for sharing :)

ikki said...

Hi there, I think your card is great and will be a tonic for your BIL and a make your sister smile. Very clever crafting as well as thoughtful. Thanks for dropping by the cupboard, I much appreciate your support and wishing you and yours all the best in 2013.
ikki x