Wish List

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Time to say thanks...

I got so many wonderful gifts for Christmas that it's time to let everyone know just how much I appreciated them. I was a little short on thank you cards, however.

My neighbor came over right after Christmas and asked if she could have a selection of thank you and sympathy cards (I had told her some time ago, "whenever you need some cards, please ask"). Well, after sharing some cards with her, I needed to get busy and replenish my stock.

I decided to use some of the discarded ribbons, tags and gift embellishments for my Christmas thank yous. Here's what I came up with:
This tree and snowman was an embellishment on a gift for one of my grandchildren. The little tag tied to the snowman's "hand" had orginally had his name printed on it. I simply cut a new tag and handwrote "thank you."

The tree was cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge and the snowman was cut with the Create a Critter 2 cartridge.

For the snow at the bottom of my little scene, I simply ripped a piece of white cardstock.






This next thank you card used the snowflake from a gift tag and the ribbon from the same gift. I carefully pried the snowflake from the tag (see this post if you'd like to know what the tag looked like when it was made), and secured it on top of the ribbon. The "Thank You" sentiment was heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.













For this next thank you card, I used the entire gift tag from one of the gifts. I didn't change the tag at all except to cut the ribbon a little shorter.


The striped paper on the bottom of the card base is the backside of some of the holly patterned paper you see on the tag. The red border was one my sister punched and gave to me. We occasionally share some borders in assorted colors with each other. They're so easy to mail back and forth and I always try to check my "border box" before I punch a new one.

The "thanks" is cut from a Cuttlebug die and inked around the edges.








I did make some thank you cards from all new materials, but I'll share those in another post.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl









1 comment:

Shanna said...

So cute!! I love that happy little snowman and the gorgeous snowflakes! Hopefully one of these cards will show up in my mailbox. :)