Wish List

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanksgiving cards #5...

 Continuing with my series of Thanksgiving cards, here's one that uses the dry embossing technique.

I really love this "Bird Call" embossing folder by Cuttlebug. It truly has an autumn feel to it and a certain poignancy with the lone bird looking off into the distance. I've used this embossing folder for men's cards, too, and it works very well for that.

The color in the photo at right is off, but I think you can see how I have used some Vintage Photo distress ink to define the embossing and darken the edges of the circle.



Here are the two cards I made with this embossed image, matted with some gold cardstock. The sentiments were heat embossed with burnished gold embossing powder.
The plaid paper and the green cardstock came from the same DCWV stack and match perfectly. I also added a thin gold ribbon and two faux gold brads on each card to tie it all together.

Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: