Wish List

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween cards to share with my book club...

I have had so much fun making Halloween cards this year, that I decided to make a few extra ones to share with my book club.  Here's what I came up with:
These first two would work nicely for teens or adults. I guess they'd be okay for younger kids, too, but not nearly as much fun as some of the others I made. 

The card made with craft card stock has an aperture that I backed with starry sky paper and added a yellow moon. The ghost and cat were stamped, heat-embossed and cut out by hand. The flourishes in each upper corner were cut with a Spellbinders die and the chevron border was stamped across the bottom.

For the card on the right, I cut the "Happy Halloween" strip from some DSP and matted it with black. The orange circle with a bat was stamped, heat-embossed and hand cut, while the other two bats were cut with Happy Hauntings and mounted on dimensionals. Don't you love the MS goo border punch for Halloween cards?
 
Here's what the inside sentiment says.






 

Here are two more cards - one with a little witch cut from one of my sister's cartridges - I think it was Best Images of 2007. The other card is made with a Sizzix embossing folder and Coredinations cardstock (black with white core) that has been sanded to show the creepy design.

These next three cards are pop-up slider cards that were so much fun to make.  The first photo shows them closed, and the second photo shows when the slider is pulled out and the front image pops up.



















 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And a little peek at each of the images on the front. The mouse and owl were cut from Happy Hauntings and the double pumpkin was cut from Stretch Your Imagination.



My final two cards each took about 10 minutes to make. I used a Spellbinders label die for the face and the hair (which I finished by hand cutting the "bangs") and a couple of circle punches for the eyes and nose. The circles were cut in half for the eyelids and nose. Everything was inked around the edges. The cardstock is really much greener in real life!
 
The back cardstock piece is scored about 3/4" down from the top and the front and backs are glued together above that score line. That way, the card can be opened easily, with the back bending at the score.

I hope you've enjoyed a little peek at some of the Halloween cards I've made. Altogether, I think I made 24 or 25, and I had a blast doing it.

Thanks for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Cheryl! What a great collection of Spooktacular Halloween projects! Surely your friends loved them! Thanks for sharing :)