Wish List

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Another Christmas card sample...

As I said in a previous post, I like to make several Christmas card prototypes and choose from them which one I will mass produce. When my sister came to visit recently, she brought along her "Sweater Weather" cartridge and I decided to cut a few images from it. This card evolved after I had cut out the sweet little Christmas stocking:



The stocking was cut at 3" and mounted with dimensionals onto the scalloped oval which has been run through the Cuttlebug in the "Holly Ribbon" embossing folder. I inked the edges of the holly cardstock and the sentiment cardstock with antique linen distress ink. I have some red cotton crochet yarn that I threaded through the scallops of the oval and tied in a little bow.  I also added some red liquid pearls to help define the oval which was mounted onto the card with dimensionals.
I had some fun with the inside of the card, too, with a holly stamp and liquid pearls.
This card really isn't in the running for this year's production line since I don't actually own the "Sweater Weather" cartridge. My sister lives 500 miles away so it's not like I can run over and borrow her cartridge from time to time. I will keep this card for another year, though. It was fun and simple to make so I think it just may be a possibility for another year...once I have "Sweater Weather" in my own cartridge collection!
 
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

No comments: