Wish List

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

All occasion card...

We all need a few undesignated all occasion cards in our stash. This is one of those cards:
I used the scalloped rectangle dies from Sizzix for the purple and white die cuts. The image was colored with ProMarkers. It's one of those stamps I bought at our local "ArtScraps" store, which resells used stamps that people donate. This is one of those timeless images that can be used for decades.

My mother always grew irises in our yard, so when I look at this image, I always remember that. She loved the them for their color, as do I. Purple is absolutely my favorite color - all shades of it.


Here's a little closer look at the image and the corner detail - which was cut and embossed using a Spellbinder's die. On these, I rubbed on a little bit of pearly chalk and added some liquid pearls for detail.







I think this card could be used for so many occasions - even Easter!  I've left the inside blank - for now.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

No comments: