Wish List

Thursday, May 17, 2012

One "Sweet" card...

This card will fit into a business-size envelope, although it's certainly not very businesslike!  I'm not sure how I'll use this card, yet, and I haven't added an inside sentiment.  I am thinking that it could be for a birthday - "Have a very sweet day!" - or it could be a thank you card - "Thank you for being so sweet!"  Any other ideas out there?

It is done in blindingly bright colors so would work well for a child.  I stamped the dotted background at the bottom and heat-embossed with white embossing powder.

The border was punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  I stamped the cupcakes, colored with ProMarkers and added some clear glaze to the frosting on each of them for added interest and dimension. I cut them out with a Lifestyle Craft circle die and used dimensional adhesive to stick them to a slightly larger colored circle.

The letters were cut out of self-adhesive paper with Cuttlebug alphabet dies.  A little ribbon and a little faux stitching with a white gel pen and it was done!

Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!

Cheryl

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Adorable card, Cheryl! I love that you used a business size - what a great idea! Thanks for sharing this happy, colorful creation, my friend! Hugs...