Wish List

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Birthday in Red and Black...

It isn't often that I make such a dramatic looking card, but sometimes it feels good to dive into some intense colors.  I used a set of Stampendous stamps called Poppies in Bottles for this card.  I cut the red panels, stamped 3 of them with the poppy images (leaving off the bottles) using Versamark ink. I then heat embossed with black embossing powder.  On the 4th panel, I stamped Happy Birthday, also heat embossing it, and added some flat backed pearls and a narrow black ribbon tied in a bow.  I also rounded the corners of each red panel with a 1/4" corner rounder to soften the look a little.
 

 I actually didn't have any narrow black ribbon when I began making this card so I simply took a piece of light blue ribbon and colored it with my black ProMarker. Love that!

I wanted to add a poppy to the inside,too.  I decided to stamp it in red ink to add a little color to the sentiment.

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Very pretty card, Cheryl! The black embossing looks beautiful on that red! I can't believe that ribbon's been colored - way to go! Looks great! Hugs...